Council on Communities of Color
The Council on Communities of Color (CCC) is CSG’s only self-identified member committee that provides a forum for state decision-makers to examine the unique challenges facing historically distressed and marginalized Black, Brown, Indigenous and Asian-Pacific Islander populations of color (also referenced as “BIPOC” communities).
Based in CSG’s Eastern Region (CSG East), the CCC explores a wide range of issues intended to promote equitable, improved, and sustainable public policy outcomes that enhance the quality of life for people of color and the communities in which they live. The purpose is to help achieve a diverse and inclusive governance model.
State-level policymakers who are members of the CSG East are automatically members and participants in the CCC. In addition, the CCC offers opportunities for policymakers originating from or representing BIPOC communities to participate in a number of special activities, initiatives and events, with the CCC’s lead consultant and team facilitating:
- Media visibility opportunities for policymakers
- Participation in both on-site and virtual panels and discussion on relevant topics
- Research and writing support for legislators
- Assignment of CCC student interns and fellows
- Partnerships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and other Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs)
- Participation of BIPOC-community state legislators in other CSG East committees
- Learning from, connection to and partnership with legislators in other CSG regions on relevant issues
Stay tuned for more special activities and events on the horizon. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Council of State Governments Eastern Regional Conference (CSG East), the…Read More
The Council of State Governments Eastern Regional Conference, Council on Communities…Read More
The Council of State Governments Eastern Regional Conference (CSG East),…Read More
For more information on the Council on Communities of Color, please contact staff liaison
Charles Ellison, policy consultant