Announcing the CSG 20 Under 40 Leadership Award
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 7
The CSG 20 Under 40 Leadership Award recognizes the outstanding work of 20 up-and-coming elected and appointed officials from across the country who not only exemplify strong leadership skills but have also demonstrated a true commitment to serving the citizens of their state/territory.
Nominees for award should have demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Ability to engage officials across party, departments, branch and/or state lines in meaningful ways to advance the common good for their state/territory;
- Provide exceptional leadership to a state project, committee, chamber, commission or special group;
- Serve as a champion of change and seek to enhance the lives of all constituents within a specific policy area.
Nominees should also:
- Be an elected or appointed state official from a U.S. state or territory;
- Be age 40 or younger on December 31, 2020.
NOMINATIONS AND APPLICATIONS
Nominations for the inaugural CSG 20 Under 40 Leadership Award will be accepted from both the public and private sector by emailing an official letter of nomination to email@example.com. CSG will then contact the nominee directly with additional information regarding the application process.
Public officials meeting the above criteria may also self-nominate directly by filling out the online application.
All nominees will be asked to submit the following materials by midnight Hawaiian Time on September 7, 2020 (Labor Day):
- Two Letters of Recommendation: At least one of the letters must be from a representative of the applicant’s state government.
- Current Resume: Resumes are limited to two printed pages.
- Applicant Questionnaire: Answers to each question should be 250 words or less and typewritten. Questions are listed on the online informational form.
- Why did you choose a career in public service?
- Provide an example of when you were able to achieve a goal through non-partisan means?
- List your top three accomplishments (professional or personal) and why you chose each one.
Recipients of the award will be chosen from all nominee applications received by a selection committee comprised of CSG public sector members and one private sector representative. Award winners will be announced in early September 2020.
The 20 individuals selected for recognition will receive their CSG 20 Under 40 Leadership Award during a special luncheon on Saturday, December 5, 2020 in Santa Fe, New Mexico, during the CSG 2020 National Conference, and will also be profiled in a 2020 issue of CSG Capitol Ideas magazine.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Maggie Mick at firstname.lastname@example.org.