Applications for CSG 20 Under 40 Award due by July 23
The CSG 20 Under 40 Leadership Award recognizes the outstanding work of 20 up-and-coming elected and appointed officials from across the country who not only exemplify strong leadership skills but have also demonstrated a true commitment to serving the citizens of their state/territory.
Nominations are accepted from state officials and from 20 Under 40 Leadership Award sponsors. CSG will then contact nominees directly with additional information regarding the application process. Public officials meeting the program’s criteria may also self-nominate directly by filling out the online application.
Applications are due by 6:00 a.m. on Friday, July 23, 2021. We encourage you to go ahead and apply even if you don’t have your supporting materials ready. Supporting materials can then be sent to email@example.com and added to your application.
Applicants must provide the following supporting materials in order for their application to be complete. Please note that the supporting materials do not have to be submitted at the time of application. We encourage those who wish to be considered for the award to apply and then submit supporting materials as they are available. All supporting materials must be received by midnight Hawaiian Time, Friday, July 23, 2021. Supporting materials:
- Two Letters of Recommendation: At least one of the letters must be from a representative of the applicant’s state government.
- Current Resume: Resumes are limited to two printed pages.
- Applicant Questionnaire: Answers to each question should be 250 words or less and typewritten. Questions are listed on the online informational form.
2020 award winners included four members from the Eastern Region:
- Sen. Bryan Townsend, Majority Leader, Delaware
- Rep. Carlos Tobon, Deputy Majority Leader, Rhode Island
- Rep. Ryan Mackenzie, Pennsylvania
- Rep. Tram Nguyen, Massachusetts